This article will help you get your zoom connection configured if you are having trouble setting up your initial connection to zoom.
Important: Zoom Recordings that are 6 months or older will not show up in Searchie (limitation by Zoom).
There are 5 options in Zoom that need to be enabled on your account and you can check for in order for Searchie to import your content.
- 1. Searchie requires that you have a Zoom pro account or above to access cloud recordings for meetings. This is due to the REST API that Searchie needs in order to sync with Zoom. The plans and pricing page can be found here: https://zoom.us/pricing
- 2. Searchie requires that your zoom account must have cloud recordings enabled and that your past meetings be recorded this way. https://zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording
- 3. 'Viewers can download' cloud recordings must be enabled
- 4. No password protection/privacy setting should be configured on any of your files. Once they're imported and uploaded into Searchie you can change these settings back. Refer to the screenshot above
- 5. You have to be on the administrator account of your organization in Zoom to authorize apps. Downloads must also be enabled by the administrator. To fix this turn off the “Only the host can download cloud recordings” setting. on this page https://zoom.us/account/setting?tab=recording
- 6. In a recent message from Zoom (April 2020), they made it clear of the following changes to their API and Authentication protocols. Make sure that "Share cloud recordings only with members of my account" has been turned off as well. Access the relevant toggle here: https://zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording